There is a lot happening this week.
Science class on Tuesday:
Mrs. MacNeill would like to remind students to bring in their supplies to build a mini boat for Tuesday’s science class. Students will be constructing the boats as well as conducting a variety of tests.
This weeks Bible Verse:
Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.” So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
Elementary Track and Field Day
On Wednesday, June 1st, students in grades 1-6 will travel to UPEI for a track and field day. This will allow students to prepare for the up-coming ACSI Track Meet on Wednesday, May 8th. Please come prepared with appropriate athletic wear, sneakers, water, and a snack. Only a few students from grade one and two will be chosen to attend the meet on May 8th.
Scholastic Book Orders:
Books order forms will go home with your child on Monday. If you wish to place an order please send the order form, along with a cheque by Friday, June 3rd.
Jamaica Missions Services
Several Gr 11/12 students from GCS have recently returned from a service missions trip to Jamaica and are eager to share their experiences with you. Please feel welcome to attend on Wednesday, June 1 at 2:00 PM.
LAST CALL for Golfers: Annual Golf Challenge
Grace Christian School is holding its 5th Annual Fundraising Golf Challenge on Saturday, June 4th, at the Clyde River Golf and Country Club, 384 Clyde River Road, Clyde River, PE.
DATE: Saturday, June 4, 2016
TIME: Sign in at 7:00am – 7:45am
Shotgun start at 8:00am
ENTRY FEE: $100.00 per person OR $400.00 per team (includes: green fees, cart rental, sleeve of balls, complimentary snacks & drinks on the course, surf ‘n turf lunch, and $40 charitable receipt per entrant). Student rate (18 years and under): $75.00
Not a golfer? If you would be interested in becoming a hole sponsor, please contact me, or Mr. Ellis, to make arrangements to receive more information.
On Thursday, June 16th grade one and two will get the opportunity to travel to Geneva Villa. We will once again sing to the residents and have a chance to read to and talk with our friends at the Villa. We will be leaving the school at 12:40 and arriving at the Villa at 1:00. We will need drivers for this event. Please let me know if you are available to drive.
This week’s tests:
Friday — Spelling test (List # 27 grade one, List # 30 grade two)
Important Dates & Upcoming Events:
- June 1 – Elementary Track and Field Day at UPEI
- June 3- Red Cross Water Safety Presentation (K-6)
- June 4 – GCS Golf Challenge & Provincial Track Meet
- June 6 & 7- Law & Zoology Presentations to Elementary
- June 8 – ACSI Elementary Track and Field Meet at UPEI
- June 9 – Athletic Awards Ceremony (2:00-3:00pm)
- June 10- Living Wax Museum (ESL student presentations)
- June 13-15 – Grade 10-12 Exams
- June 15 – Grade 6 Graduation (9:15am)
- June 15 – Grad Banquet (6:30pm)
- June 16 – Grade one trip to Geneva Villa
- June 17 – Graduation (7:00pm)
- June 20-22 – Grade 7-9 Exams
- June 21 – Grade one end of year trip to Vandenburg farm
- June 21 – JK/K Graduation (6:30pm)
- June 23 – Family Fun Day at Sandspit
- June 24 – School Closing/Report Cards
Enjoy your week!